CAF Pricing Schedule
The CAF Pricing Schedule is a procurement tool that has been developed in consultation with industry stakeholders with the aim of driving sustainable and ethical contract pricing in the cleaning industry. The schedule provides transparency of wages and overheads, hours allocated to a building and productivity rates and enables a fair and consistent assessment of tenders.
Through analysis of over 700 tender results and extensive trialling of the pricing schedule tool, CAF have developed a set of cost and productivity benchmarks for retail and commercial buildings. A key requirement of the CAF Standards is that stakeholders use the pricing schedule either at the point of tender or by applying it to existing contracts to demonstrate that on-cost and productivity rates fall within reasonable industry benchmarks.
What the pricing schedule is designed to do:
- Provide baseline transparency to contract pricing;
- Verify that enough hours have been allocated to a contract to ensure that cleaners are working within safe productivity limits; and
- Ensure that reasonable overheads have been provisioned so that cleaners’ wages and entitlements are not undermined.
What the pricing schedule is not designed to do
- Be used as a scheduling/rostering tool;
- Be the sole determinant of safe productivity levels; and
- Specify in detail the cleaning tasks to be completed at a site.