- Permanent, full time
- Location: Sydney or Melbourne
- 12% superannuation + 6 weeks’ annual leave
Mix of work from home and office work required
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to contribute to improving labour conditions for vulnerable workers in the property services industry. This role is suited to someone who has a keen eye for detail and will work in CAF’s Certification Team and with our stakeholder base to identify and resolve human rights breaches.
The primary responsibility of the Compliance Officer (CO) is to ensure the efficient and effective conduct of CAF certifications and annual health checks on commercial buildings or precincts. In conjunction with the other team members, the CO attends meetings with cleaners to identify compliance issues and prepare compliance registers for subsequent investigation and remediation. The CO is expected to maintain good working relations with site stakeholders and will be working very closely with the United Workers Union. Some interstate travel might be necessary.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Identify labour rights issues in consultation with the worker engagement officer and in accordance with the CAF standard.
- Detail steps for investigating and remediating labour rights issues to CAF stakeholders.
- Liaise with businesses in the property services industry, the CAF Certification Panel, and the union to investigate and remediate labour rights issues.
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders regarding ongoing compliance processes.
- Provide general oversight of CAF activities, assist with day-to-day operations, and ensure a smoothly functioning and efficient organisation.
- Managing the CAF compliance database, project management platform, applications and files.
- Other reasonable duties and project work as required.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a relevant domain (eg compliance, certification, trade unions, industrial relations, dispute resolution).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good understanding of and interest in labour rights.
- High level project management skills, with the proven ability to provide high-quality project delivery within resource and time constraints.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including relationship management skills and the proven ability to communicate with diverse stakeholders with competing agendas, handle sensitive issues, and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong research skills and/or experience with data analysis/data science.
- Undergraduate tertiary qualifications in politics, law, economics or business studies.
- Understanding of responsible procurement, supply chains and/or property services.
- Second language knowledge proficiency such as Spanish Thai, Hindi or Nepali advantageous.
To apply please submit a current CV (max 1 page) and a cover letter (max 2 pages) addressing the roles selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line Compliance officer. In addressing the selection criteria, your cover letter should include how your experience, abilities, knowledge, and personal qualities would enable you to perform the duties and responsibilities and succeed in the position. Please refer to specific examples from your recent professional history in your response.