- 12-month fixed-term contract (ongoing employment after 12 months possible)
- Full time preferably (possible 4 day/week)
- Location: Sydney
- Mix of work from home and office work required
- Occasional travel required (within Australia).
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a small team in a high impact not-for-profit. Contribute to achieving real improvements in labour conditions for vulnerable workers in the property services industry.
About the Cleaning Accountability Framework (CAF)
CAF is an independent not-for-profit organisation that exists to end the exploitation of vulnerable workers and to promote human rights and responsible business practices in the property services industry.
CAF works with the union, government, academics, and the property services industry to protect and advance the rights of cleaners in Australia, and to address modern slavery risk in supply chains. Specifically, CAF has developed and promotes an industry-agreed standard that applies to property assets and is independently verified by CAF.
Duties and responsibilities
- Oversee the CAF Certification scheme and implementation of the CAF Certification Strategy
- Play a leadership support role to the CEO
- Manage the CAF Certification team, comprising a small team of 3 (compliance officer, worker engagement officer, liaison officer)
- Oversee the certification database
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Liaise with the marketing and communications team to promote certification activities
- Provide general oversight of CAF activities, assist with day-to-day operations, and ensure a smoothly functioning and efficient organisation;
- Other relevant duties as may be required.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in industrial relations, human and/or labour rights practice
- Postgraduate tertiary qualifications or undergrad qualifications + commensurate professional experience
- Commitment to upholding workers’ rights.
- Team management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level project management skills, with the proven ability to provide high-quality project delivery within resource and time constraints.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills that can be applied to a range of settings, with attention to detail.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including relationship management skills and the proven ability to communicate with diverse stakeholders with competing agendas, handle sensitive issues, and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong analytical skills and/or experience with data analysis/data science
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Understanding of responsible procurement, supply chains and/or property services
- Salary dependent on skills and experience + 12% superannuation + 6 weeks’ annual leave
How to apply
Please submit a current CV (max 1 page) and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria max 2 pages). In addressing the selection criteria, your cover letter should include how your experience, abilities, knowledge, and personal qualities would enable you to perform the duties and responsibilities and succeed in the position. Please refer to specific examples from your recent professional history in your response. Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line Labour rights manager.