The Cleaning Accountability Framework (CAF) was born out of a recognition that ending exploitation of cleaners needs a whole of industry approach. As a result, business, union, government, academics and industry associations came together to form CAF and continue to drive our organisation today. Find out more about our partners here.
About the Cleaning Accountability Framework
We are one of one of the few genuine worker-driven due diligence schemes
With an increased focus on Modern Slavery in supply chains, our Certification Scheme is a tangible measure business can take to slavery proof their supply chains.
CAF does ‘worker engagement’ as opposed to ‘social auditing’. While social auditing generally involves interviews with workers as part of an audit process, CAF’s worker engagement goes well beyond a social audit as it is designed to enhance worker agency. Worker engagement is essential to obtain greater buy-in from cleaners when it comes to improving labour conditions, and therefore leads to long-lasting improvements in compliance conditions compared to a point in time audit.
We collaborate with the entire supply chain
While collaboration is not new, the type of collaboration CAF benefits from is unique – our diverse stakeholders work together to advocate for sustainable change in the cleaning industry. The CAF Certification Scheme works because it has been built by all of these stakeholders, thereby making it truly fit for purpose.
Our objective is to end exploitation in property services and improve work standards through education and advocacy. We do this by:
- supporting sustainably priced and efficient cleaning services
- ensuring compliance with workplace laws and regulations
- engaging and educating workers and all supply chain stakeholders
- fostering accountability and transparency in cleaning supply chains
- recognising stakeholders who have implemented best practice standards.
Our mission is to:
- make responsible procurement and ongoing management of supply chains the norm
- give workers a voice and agency in improving workplace conditions
- demonstrate the value of an improved work environment as a result of the above.